“We don’t all have to practice all the principles of engagement marketing on day one. Nor do we want to view these principles as a destination to be reached. Instead, they are guideposts for all of us marketers as we shift our mindset, strategies, and tactics from traditional techniques to modern techniques.”
Here is a look at engagement marketing in today’s world.
Email marketing has the highest return on investment of any marketing medium. It’s a powerful tool that’s not going away any time soon.
Here are 7 tips to increase your e-mail deliverability:
1. Start with clean list building practices.
2. Keep lists current.
3. Have an online presence.
4. Develop engaging content.
6. Track performance over time.
7. Hire an e-mail service provider.
Marketing in a digital world has evolved. There was a time when ads in leading newspapers, commercials during popular TV shows, and strategically placed billboards did the job. Now, with every passing day, getting noticed by your audience is becoming more and more difficult.
Here are 5 tips for digital marketing success:
1. Target the right audience.
2. Pay attention to the important numbers.
3. Project clear goals and corresponding messages.
4. Be accessible on the go.
5. Connect and collaborate.
With all the marketing e-mails we send and receive each day, it is easy for e-mails to get rejected. Here are 9 reasons your e-mails may get rejected:
1. Your subject line makes a bad first impression.
2. You bored them to death.
3. You forgot to test your display.
4. You advertised a bigger, better, or cheaper version of yourself.
5. You forgot his/her name.
6. You brought up money too soon.
7. You over shared. Again.
8. You came off as insecure.
9. You didn’t listen.
For a further look at these reasons, check out this article from Marketo.
“Salesforce.com, already a big dealer of enterprise software, looks set to launch a whole new product line at its Dreamforce conference next month. The name: Analytics Cloud.” For a full look at the latest news from Salesforce, click here.